Monday, October 26, 2009

Last but Not Least

I was out and about in the yard today for just a while and came across the Don Juan Rose bush in front of my house and one over by the end of mothers house. There among the signs of fall were a few signs of summer. Three beautiful rose buds just asking to be cut. With scissors in hand out I went with the intentions of just cutting the three buds and putting them in a small vase.


BUT THEN..... I saw the beautiful lime green leaves of the fading Yellow Cannas and the dark green with white flowers of the Glossy Abelia....... So with scissors in hand around the house I went. Tucked in this vase is a touch of Cannas, and Abelia and branches off of the Crape Myrtles and a few branches from the rosemary in front of the house.......... Oh my gosh, they smell wonderful!

It is now sitting on my desk in the shop for me to enjoy for a few days...... as I watch the roses open and their petals fall to the ground, I will remember.............. While the winter causes my world to sleep......... New life is just below the surface waiting for the SonShine........

There ARE three roses....... can you see them?


Just wanted you to know that Moses is better....... He still has to stay in his small cage till Friday but he is doing much better.




Denise

14 comments:

  1. Yes, I see the three roses. That is a beautiful arrangement. God gives us such beautiful gifts...if we only take the time to see them. So glad you found the ones He had for you.

    Love you bunches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad Moses is doing better, sweet little bird. It seems like the last bouquet of the year is the most special somehow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is good news...I'm so glad Moses is better.

    Your bouguet is lovely and roses are a favorite of....simple pleasures are the best....hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a great job of gleaning the last of the summer's bounty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am happy that Moses is doing better. Sweetie, the flowers are beautiful. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sweet Lady
    Oh that is so beautiful. All those wondrous things you embroidered were so precious to me. It was like you were almost there and I just kept looking around the corner for you. Thank you for the hankies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a couple of Don Juans....aren't they the most spectacular climbing rose ever?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Sister, so glad Moses is better and I love the photos you posted. Beautiful. Enjoy the flowers.

    Thank you again for being such an incredible blessing to us all for the Retreat. I love you. Praying for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful flowers! Glad "Moses" is better!

    ~Beth

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such lovely flowers and greenery...glad Moses is better!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad to hear that Moses is doing better, may he continue that way:-) Oh I just love the flower arrangement you made and yup, I can see the three rose buds! I can well imagine how wonderful it smells. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. See, goes to show, God takes care of living and breathing things that he created!! I found the 3 rose's a very spiritual thing, the trinity!
    I love you, my brothers service is Monday at 11:00 a.m., ask the holy spirit to fell that church with his presence, I so badly need to feel him. I love you~
    Hugs & love
    Annette

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm happy that you had a chance to get away recently. I just have to say that I think you are a very talented and gifted woman of God. Your bouquet looks very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

 
!-- gt;