Sunday, October 23, 2011

Good Morning America !!!!!!!!!!!

We got rain, real rain, down pouring rain. Gutter gushing, ditch runnin', cats and dogs rain. It came with thunder and lightening and bit of hail and RAIN... Not sure how much as my rain gauge is broken but my brother PE will call me here in a minute and he will share with me how much rain we got! Thank you Lord.

Now, rain on southern Texas where they are having dust storms......

I have not been here in a while. Power cord to my laptop quit and finding another one was a bit of a chore. Hubby thought he had one in his box of tricks at work, nope, could not find one here in town so we went to the only source we had left. Ebay. Yep, they had one and it must have been in China and on a slow boat here.

I still do not have one so I have slipped out into my shop to at least post a little sompin'.
I do not go much on the internet on my business computer as it holds so many design files and business information. I do not use it much at all but for work, but today was a needful thing. But no email till the laptop is running so if you have sent email to my denisewalden account and have not heard from me give me a few more days.

Hubby has been off and we are finally getting the outside of the house finished. We started painting early Spring but when the heat started we had to quit as it was too hot to do anything outside. Weather now is perfect and we still have the trim work to finish and paint the brick on the North side. People thought I was crazy when I told them I was painting the brick but now we have people stopping as they go by to give us a nod of approval. Some even wanting to know what color........ The two doors will be dark Hunter green. So many people paint their doors red so I am doing something different. The doors will match the shutters.
Sweet !!!!!!!!!!So as soon as I finish I will take pictures and let you see what we did......

Time to start putting up Christmas lights. I usually do that two weeks before Thanksgiving, so I need to drag it all out of the storage next week and get things together. I am looking forward to the holidays this year more than last. My heart is healing and I am thankful. I will take pictures when finished.

I am painting the inside of my house from front to back but have not decided on a color yet. Every room one color throughout, so when I decided on the kitchen color that will the the color for the entire house. Going to try and do that this winter. I have several projects for the winter, I need to stay on track.

I have found my mojo and feeling pretty good, I am on track with my diet and that is going well. Talked to a young man yesterday that used to weigh 285 with his cholesterol at 270. He bought a Champion juicer and started living on veggie and fruit juice and one year later he is running 50 miles a week and weight 145 with his cholesterol at 140. Now that is a success story.

Did I tell you that I found a Champion juice at a garage sale this summer for  $2.00. !!!  (Retail $265.00) and it works like a charm. This thing is HEAVY. 
I have been praying and praying and praying about my weight and asking the Lord to please help me. Finding that juicer I think is part of HIS answer. 

While talking to this young man he told me about soft serve ice-cream made with my juicer!  I gave it a try last night while watching the third game of the world series.
2 Frozen banana's (I keep bananas in the freeze for just such occasion)
Hand full of frozen strawberries and hand full of frozen dark cherries, 
I broke the bananas into 4 pieces and one into the juice with strawberries on top 
of that then some cherries. I alternated them until all the bananas were used. 

What I got was a delightful  mixture of banana and cherry and strawberry out the other end in a perfect soft serve consistency. Frozen bananas are very sweet so I did not need to use any sweetener at all. It made enough for me and Hubby.

It was perfect. We are closet ice-cream junkies so this is a wonderful substitution with no fat, no sugar all natural. I am going to buy some frozen peaches and mango's and blueberries and blackberries and see what kind of concoctions I can come up with. Who knew you could do that with a juicer !

I juice one pound of organic carrots every day mixed with different veggies and fruit every day. I want to be 100% raw by the end of the year. Trouble is, I am a meat eater! I love meat.  So right now I still have my roasted chicken and grilled salmon. We might have to keep that in our diet. I do not see me never having that again, so I am guessing that I will level out at 99% raw with the occasional piece of chicken or fish.
 I am busy in my shop and business is growing. I decided a few months back that I would go back to work so to speak and help with the finances. Dennis has 6 more years before he retires and I am healthy and have this wonderful shop here in my house. Might as well work.  People are hearing that I am back to work so I am getting busy. I am still working on my web site and now building my brother a new one. That is all on my agenda for this winter.  

Well I think that has got you pretty caught up.
Hope you gals are enjoying the beautiful fall colors. 
Hugs



Denise

3 comments:

  1. This volition Cut down the incidence of a rip coagulate and negative to say approximately the Waring Health Juice, but if
    I opine of something, I'll be indisputable to part the news show.

    Take a look at my weblog ... juice extractor

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is good to hear from you my friend and to know that things are good. I know you've been sad losing your bird. Hope you're staying busy
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete

 
!-- gt;