Wednesday, July 13, 2011

So Depressed....THEN......

I was so depressed the other day, we were out in the pool and I told my husband that I had no idea what was wrong with me. I am NEVER bored, lots to do and my time is my own. So why in the world would I be feeling depressed!

THEN, my quiet husband said......... I think we are not grateful enough for what the Lord has done in our lives and we do not thank HIM near enough!

THERE

it was! The secret to real joy in our lives, inner joy, not the joy that can wash off, is gratitude! An attitude of gratitude is where we should live.

I am

reading that book "on thousand gifts" by Ann Voskamp. I need to read it a bit more slowly, maybe start at the beginning again. It is the job of the enemy to pull our focus onto the things that we do not have and it is the job of the Holy Spirit to bring our focus on to the blessings.

Oh Lord

For the Lord GOD will help me; therefore shall I not be confounded: therefore have I set my face like a flint, and I know that I shall not be ashamed. Isaiah 50:7

I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. Psalms 121:1

Oh Lord

Help me to keep my eyes like a flint turned toward you from whence cometh my help.

Have a blessed day girls....... it is still so hot here..... no break in sight.. BUT I will turn my eyes........


Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
!-- gt;