Friday, August 20, 2010

Moving Mom




We will finish moving all of mom's furniture today. We have shampooed the carpets. We have removed all of Dad's things (that was a tough day) and we have put up things in her house to make it personal for her. Today we will take her recliners home and go shopping for some junk food and small cans of pop.  I keep telling her that she is going home tomorrow but she then will ask me where home is. So I have no idea how this is going to play out but we are giving her every chance in the world to live alone.  

My husband is putting a viedo camera in the corner of the living room and I can go to the web site and move the camera from my pc to see the living room and the bedroom.  We are locking off the back bedroom and bathroom so that anywhere she goes in the house I can see her except the bathroom.

We are taking the bathroom door off so that if she does fall we can get to her without breaking down the door. I am buying baby monitors and placing by her bed and one by my bed so that when she gets up in the night to go to the bathroom I will hear her. If she takes too long to get back to bed I can log on to the web site and see if she is ok. 

We are also putting a motion sensor on the ramp going down the porch and if anyone goes up or down it will set off an alarm in my house. 

She has life alert and we are going to get a bracelet instead of the necklace and tell her enough times to push the button if she is sick or falls. 

I think we have done all we can do to keep her safe I pray that it works for her. We are giving her every opportunity to go home and if this does not work we are going to see about the Assisted Living Center here in town. We have her on the list and it is a wonderful place and they take wonderful care of their little people. They called us several weeks ago but mother was not in any condition to be moved so we turned the room down. Now that she is doing so much better, she is able to live there. I have just prayed about all of this and I am letting the Lord direct me.

I hope to have my life a bit more in control after she goes home, we will see. 
Pray for Mom.  

Love you gals bunches.............

Denise

17 comments:

  1. Praying for you sis, and your dear mom. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So your Mom is moving in with you or staying in the house on the property. I'm confusedeld ... :) I have bot a motion sensor that is portable and when my mom's feet hit the floor - THEN there's an alarm that tells me. She kept getting up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night and falls and stumbles around. Dementia - they don't think. As my Mom can't speak or think to notify me anymore this is the best thing and it's not a bed alarm which I don't know if I could stand.
    I hope things go well for your Mom - sometimes it will take a while b'c of their hatred of change. My Mom dislikes most people so she is staying with me.
    God bless and hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is a lot of work - sure trust she'll be content there. Sad when it gets to this point, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying that all will go well and your mom will realize that is her home...

    ~Beth

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like much love, thoughts, and prayers went into getting your Mom back home...praying all goes well...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I imagine as "planned" as this is, it has to be rather difficult for you emotionally. I have no words only hugs and love being sent your way. (((hugs))) (((love)))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Denise, sounds like you have done so much to make your mom safe and healthy. I am so proud of you for taking control of this instead of putting her in a home. Prayers for all of you, especially for you, because you need to make time for yourself. Too often care givers are the ones that become run down and end up sick and you need some me time. Bless you Sweet Denise. Love and hugs, Pat
    ps you have done all you can, now put the rest in God's hands.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Praying for you all Denise.
    It sounds like you've done everything you possibly can for your sweet Momma.
    Thinking of you,
    Love Lea

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweetie, you have been so careful to do your very best. The Lord will bless you...and your mom. I am so touched by reading all this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful daughter you are to your sweet Mother...I hope it works for her to stay in her own home a while longer...Bless you.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bless your sweet heart. Praying for your mother and you all ~ Hugs ~

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pretty interesting blog you've got here. Thanks the author for it. I like such themes and everything connected to them. I would like to read a bit more soon.

    Anete Smith

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so glad you are finding some solutions that are working. Sounds like you have done everything for your Mom to be able to live safely and peaceable at home.
    Honestly...before I got into this new field of work I wondered why anyone would put someone into an assisted living facility. BUT...now that I have seen first hand what each case can involve....sometimes it is just not possible to keep some people at home. But beyond the physical condition of the family member...you have to consider your physical wear and tear too. I pray this change works for you both. And if not....I pray for a smooth transition to the assisted care facility. I worked at a very nice one in Asheville for a short while before I went to work at the nursing home where I am now. It was so nice and they took fabulous care of the residents.
    Love you girl....standing in support.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey, Girlfriend, so happy to hear from you.

    I'm a bit behind on everything, especially all the news at your house. I'm going to have to phone you soon.

    Going to catch up on your last few posts. Hope to hear from you soon.

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  15. How's it going?
    I hope and pray it's going well.
    God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Denise...I'm happy your mom is doing better and is able to go back to her own little nest. May she find peace and comfort there...it sounds like you and Dennis have thought of everything to keep her safe and a watchful eye on her...it's a blessing you all are near.

    Keeping you in my prayers and I think of you often even though I been away for awhile....hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  17. Denise, you are doing a great job, this has been and will be a huge task.....unless you've done this before, no one ever knows the amount of work and the stress levels you are going through to make your Mama a safe and happy home.....big, big, hugs to you my friend!!!!
    You are amazing!!!
    Hugs,
    Margaret B
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

 
!-- gt;